Edmonton is a vibrant and thriving city, home to a diverse range of attractions and events that draw visitors from all over the world. The Edmonton Tourism Awards are an opportunity to celebrate the hard work and dedication of the people who make these attractions and events possible, and to recognize their contributions to the city’s tourism industry.
The Event of the Year Award and Attraction of the Year Award are two of the most prestigious categories in the Edmonton Tourism Awards. These awards are reserved for events and attractions that have significantly impacted Edmonton’s tourism industry, either by attracting large numbers of visitors or by providing a unique and unforgettable experience that showcases the best of what the city has to offer.
In this blog, we will take a closer look at the finalists for these two categories and explore what makes them stand out in Edmonton’s vibrant tourism scene. Whether you are a resident of Edmonton or a visitor to the city, you are sure to be impressed by the talent and innovation on display in these finalists, and we encourage you to take the time to experience their offerings for yourself.
Event of the Year Award FinalistsThe Event of the Year Award recognizes outstanding events that have made significant contributions to the city’s tourism industry. The finalists for this category are:
- The Canadian Hydrogen Convention, for its innovative approach to promoting the use of hydrogen as a clean energy source, bringing together industry leaders, policymakers, and academics from around the world to discuss the latest developments in hydrogen technology.
- DARK – Fort Edmonton Park, for its spine-tingling Halloween event that transforms the historic park into a hauntingly atmospheric setting, featuring live performances, spooky decorations, and eerie sound effects that create an immersive and unforgettable experience for visitors.
- Taste of Edmonton, for its celebration of the city’s diverse culinary scene, featuring food and drink vendors from across Edmonton serving up delicious dishes and drinks, as well as live entertainment and cooking demonstrations that showcase the city’s vibrant food culture.
Attraction of the Year Award FinalistsThe Attraction of the Year Award recognizes outstanding attractions that have made significant contributions to the city’s tourism industry. The finalists for this category are:
- The Muttart Conservatory, for its unique botanical gardens, educational programming, and community events that showcase the beauty and diversity of plant life.
- The Edmonton Radial Railway Society, for its preservation and operation of historic streetcars, providing visitors with a nostalgic and educational experience of Edmonton’s transit history.
- West Edmonton Mall, for its world-renowned shopping and entertainment offerings, including theme parks, waterparks, and attractions that draw in millions of visitors each year.
The Event of the Year and Attraction of the Year Awards are essential in recognizing outstanding contributions to Edmonton’s tourism industry. The finalists in both categories have made significant contributions to the city, attracting visitors from all over the world.
We encourage our readers to stay tuned for the announcement of the winners at the Edmonton Tourism Awards ceremony on June 2nd. We also encourage everyone to engage with the Edmonton tourism industry by visiting any of the finalists or other attractions in the city. If you’d like to attend the Edmonton Tourism Awards ceremony, we’d love to have you there to support these amazing local businesses! So don’t forget to grab your tickets to the Edmonton Tourism Awards before they sell out!
If you are looking for a fun and exciting way to spend your time in Edmonton, visit any of the finalists or other attractions in the city, and be sure to book your stay through Edmonton’s Best Hotels to take advantage of our 1, 2, 3 Reward Deal, where you can get up to $225 in rewards just for staying at one of our member hotels. Whether you are interested in history, nature, food, or shopping, Edmonton has something for everyone. We hope to see you soon!
Know someone who’s interested in local tourism initiatives? Share this post with them!